Please download the latest version of our Mid-Cheshire Bridleways Association newsletter.
Mid Cheshire Bridleways is 30 years old this year and is now at a crisis point as some years ago we had nearly 90 members and at one point had a committee of 11 including a social committee. At the 2020 AGM, Ray Hall stood down after 25 years as Chairman, as did Di Hall and Tony Overland and Ray made a plea for some new members. Following our 2021 virtual AGM, we are pleased to report that we now have the following new committee members, who are all keen riders: Susie Marriott, Liz Holmes and Janene Hamilton. Sharon Angus-Crawshaw has kindly agreed to stand in as Acting Chair until we can fill this role. Kath Wurcbacher is also acting membership secretary and Sue Ward has also agreed to remain as treasurer for 2021 but we will be looking for any volunteers to fill these roles for 2022.
Our key aims are:
- To lobby for rights of way improvements
- To research lost routes and to get these added to the definitive map
- To promote safe riding by ensuring routes are kept open and usable
- To create new routes for riders
Our key achievements are:
- Opening up several obstructed bridleways to create the Aston Ring
- Helping create new routes for riders including the Delamere Loop, the Bishop Bennett Way, the Oakmere Way and producing leaflets for all these
- Working with public authorities and agencies to create routes for riders at sites including Old Pale Woodland at Delamere and in Northwich Community Woodlands
- Getting bridleway routes added to the definitive map
Promoting MCBA through the website and Facebook pages
- Organising rides and other social activities to raise funds
We have just heard that the Peckforton Estate have agreed to extend their permissive routes for a further 10 years subject to agreement by Cheshire East Council ROW to carry on with the upkeep which sounds good news. If anyone wants a copy of the route plans, please get in touch.
Remember to check on our website and Facebook page for regular newsletters and updates.